About Me

My photo
Native Austinite. Well educated.. always learning in my own way. Strong-willed & opinionated. I believe in making a difference. I believe in making myself a better person.. in my own eyes, not the eyes of society.
Mainstream society, and the social mores it professes to hold as "normal," "average," etc. are all hogwash as far as I'm concerned. I am very much a "trail blazer" and I live my life that way.

If you want to know more.. ask me :)

to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting. - e.e. cummings

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rumi.. love poetry

Back in the day, a lover introduced me to Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī - A 13th-century Persian muslim poetjuristtheologian, and Sufi mystic. In the English-speaking world, he is simply known as "Rumi.". Fell in love with his work immediately!

I found a few Rumi works that spoke to me, in some fashion.


I am so small I can barely be seen.
How can this great love be inside me?
Look at your eyes.
They are small, but they see enormous things.
- Rumi



No comments:

Post a Comment